CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

VBS Week






Wow! What an absolutely amazing week! We are exhausted, but have had so much fun this week at VBS! This year's theme was Power Lab and has been so much fun. The boys have jumped out of bed each day, anxious to get to church early. They have learned so much this week- the lessons have been excellent. The way everything was presented really captured their attention. I helped with making sure the preschool wing ran smoothly, which allowed me to peek in on what they were doing and it amazed me how all the children were always so engaged in what was going on! Never did the kids seems bored. (When you teach, there is always a kid that claims to be "bored"-but not this week!) I am trying to think of what was my favorite part of the day, but I just can't! Worship was incredible- so much energy! Allen, Jennifer and their team of kids did a great job leading the worship. I was so proud of the kids. You would think that they would be intimated leading an auditorioum full of people in worship,but they weren't. They were great! On Thursday, we had 41 children ask Jesus into their hearts. I was blessed to pray with a 2nd grader who wanted to know more about becoming a Christian. He said his family had just started coming to the church. It is such a special time to be able to pray with a child and hear their heart. It was also amazing to see how much money the children brought for missions. $1,484.08. The kids raised that- I was so proud! Although my body is exhausted, my heart is so full from all of the activities of this week. I am so proud to be a part of a church that works so hard to put together this type of program. Thank you to Ruth and Allen for leading us! And thank you to all of the volunteers that worked this year. We couldn't have done it without you. I can't wait until next year!

0 comments: