CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008









I have been aching to be crafty lately! Since Jeff is out of town, I sat down and finally made something. I am so excited! Ashley spotted these cute necklaces not to long ago, and we have been talking about making them. Unfortunately, I didn't have any extra materials laying around. That is, until my mother-in-law went to a bunch of garage sales with the boys last weekend. These necklaces are made out of scrabble tiles and she came home with a scrabble game! Yeah! The boys were upset that I used their game until I showed them our deluxe scrabble game, and then they suddenly loved the necklaces! These are my first attempts at making the necklaces. I had trouble trying to adhere the bails ( I didn't have a drill bit to make a hole in the tiles) I am on my way to Franklin in a few minutes and just may have to stop in a bead shop to ask what adhesives they use. Anyway, they were so much fun!

6 comments:

The Zehrs said...

Cute cute cute. I found a bag of scrabble tiles yesterday when I cleaned out the van (random, I know). Clearly this project is our destiny!

Andie said...

Very cute!!!! I think I need to make one - wanna teach me?

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i love it ...i am on board when you start selling ... i am bookmarking you so i can check in ... can't wait to see you Saturday ... don't forget to make Ruth come ...

Ruth said...

those are too cute. My birthday is Dec 23rd hint hint...

Tiffany said...

Hi Jana!

Those are the loveliest necklaces I have seen in forever!!!!!! I'm glad I found your blog (followed it thru a comment you left on Angie Smith's. I though Janagibson I know a Jana Gibson!) Anyhow, I have you bookmarked now and thought I'd drop in and tell you so I wouldn't feel like such a stalker! :)

Much Love
~Tiff

Tam said...

Came across your blog and wow cute necklace!